Moray Food Growing Strategy
The Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 requires each local authority to prepare a food growing strategy.
The Moray Food Growing Strategy aims to ensure there are more opportunities for people who would like to grow their own food to do so. A variety of different community food growing spaces including allotments have been identified in towns and villages across Moray.
The Council is committed to working with local partners and organisation to support the delivery of the wider benefits associated with food growing including:
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Promoting opportunities for social interaction
- Encouraging sustainability including addressing climate change, enhancing biodiversity and reducing food waste
- Promoting skills development and education
- Creating opportunities for economic development