Services for Children with Additional Support Needs
Autism Development Team
The Autism Development Team supports the needs of children and young people with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or a social communication disorder who are being educated in Moray. The team is available for pre-school to secondary age pupils as well as their teachers and families/carers. Specialist staff provide advice to pupils who have been referred and can work with them as individuals or in small groups.
Our role is to:
- Assess the individual needs of pupils with ASD in school.
- Help schools prioritise needs.
- Give general and specific advice to individual members of staff.
- Provide mentoring and modelling, where appropriate.
- Provide advice and support to parents/carers on understanding and managing ASD.
- Provide training to schools and other professionals on aspects of ASD.
- Act as a link to other agencies and voluntary bodies.
- Offer short-term loan of equipment to schools or parents/carers.
We work with referrals that come from schools and each case is prioritised according to need. Schools request involvement by completing the Pupil Referral Information Form. Parental consent is required before the team can become involved.
B06 c/o Elgin Academy