Private Sector Housing

Please note that these pages are currently under review.

If you need to register as a private sector landlord;

All private sector landlords must be registered with the Scottish Landlord Register.

Apply for Registration

Register and pay

Due to new regulations and the requirement to answer the additional information questions and declarations when completing or renewing your application, Moray Council staff will no longer be able do this over the phone on your behalf from 16th September 2019.

We will be able to provide a paper application (or you can download one below) for completion if you are unable to complete the process online however please note this is likely to cause delays in your application being input while the Local Authority area of the Landlord Registration Website is updated. This will not result in you paying a late application fee provided we received your paper application prior to your registration expiry date.

Further information is available on our landlord registration page. has published information about what you must do before registering your property who also provide a link to the registration webpages.

Landlord Registration Newsletters

To view updates on the landlord registration process, other information and FAQ's, please see our Newsletters page.

If you require any other help or service regarding private sector housing;

Please contact the Private Sector Housing Team (see Contact Us details below).

Contact Us

Environmental Health
Moray Council
Council Office
High Street, Elgin
IV30 1BX


Rate this Page