FOI Request - Deaths with No Next of Kin February 2020
Please could you kindly send me any information you may hold relating to persons who have been receiving any assistance from a GUARDIAN at the Council (who would usually be the Chief Social Worker of a Local Authority) and who have died with:
1. no known next of kin (defined as blood relatives) OR
2. where you have been unable to engage with or locate any KNOWN next of kin,
Please provide details of cases that have occurred or come to your attention since 16/11/19 to the day of your reply.
Guardians exist within all Scottish Councils, this is usually the Chief Social Worker.
Please provide as much of the following information as you can:
1. full names of deceased persons,
2. dates of death,
3. marital status,
4. maiden surnames of married or widowed females,
5. dates of birth or ages at death,
6. last known addresses,
7. estimated value of estates,
8. date(s) when the information was passed (or information that
is about to be or likely to be passed) to the QLTR, NUHU, Sherrifs Officers or any other 3rd party, or, confirmation that this will not be happening and the reason why.
Please see previous response dated 17.1.2020 at the following link: http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_129760.html
There have been no deaths with no next of kin since the response above was published.