FOI Request - Housing
1. How many people are currently on your local authority housing waiting list?
2. What is the longest any person has been on that list?
3. Of those who successfully acquired social housing through your local authority in (a) 2014-15, (b) 2015-16, (c) 2017-18, (d) 2018-19 and (e) 2019-20 to date, what was the average time that an applicant waited for a home?
4. How many of your local authority homes are currently (a) over-occupied, and (b) under-occupied, and what percentage of the total number of homes each represents.
5. What is the most any local authority home is current over-occupied by in (a) numerical, and (b) percentage terms.
1. 3664 as at 25/02/2019
2. Disclosure of this information could lead to the identification of individuals and so is exempt under Section 38 (1) (b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act - personal information.
3. We operate a point based Allocation Policy. It is published on our website and is available here.
The total number of points determines the applicant’s position on the housing list at any given time. The Allocations Policy does not award any points associated with length of time on the list. An applicant’s circumstances may worsen or improve during the life of their housing application. This means their total number of points may be reassessed. Therefore an applicant’s position on the list may change frequently.
|2014/15||2015/16||2016/17||2017/18||2018/19||2019/20 so far|
|Average time on list in years||6||5||4||3||2||1|
4. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please be advised that this information is not held, however we can provide numbers of those who have completed a housing application/mutual exchange only. As of 25/02/2019 we have 33 applications in receipt of overcrowding points & 41 applications in receipt of under occupancy points.
Total Stock = 6036
0.55%-in receipt of overcrowding points & 0.68% in receipt of under occupancy points
Total Housing List=3664
0.90%-in receipt of overcrowding points & 1.12% in receipt of under occupancy points
5. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please be advised that this information is not held.