EIR Request - Waste and Recycling
I would like to submit a Freedom of Information request for the following information from the council:
• The total amount of household waste generated in the council area in tonnes in 2019, and in 2020.
• The percentage of household waste that was recycled in 2019, and in 2020, and the amount in tonnes - the "recycling rate".
• The amount of household waste landfilled in 2019, and in 2020, in tonnes.
• The amount of household waste managed by other diversion from landfill in tonnes in 2019, and in 2020, and in what percentages was it managed by each method, i.e. 79% by incineration.
• The names of recycling centres and the number of days each centre was closed in the council area in 2019, and in 2020.
• The number of days each recycling centre was open but was not accepting waste to be recycled in 2019, and in 2020, i.e. cardboard was being dumped with general waste or non-recyclables.
• The numbers of days, if any, that the council stopped uplifting recycling from households in 2019, and in 2020.
Please see response detailed in this document.