FOI Request - Online Learning CPD For Teachers
• The total amount the council has spent on CPD for teachers focused on developing their knowledge, skills and technical abilities regarding online or blended learning.
• A summary of the sessions that have been funded - this should include the title of the session, the name of the organisation delivering it, whether it was run during school hours or at another time, and the number of places funded (further details like school-by-school breakdowns are not necessary - only the overall council figures are required)
The time frame for this request is Jan 1 2020 to present.
It has now been brought to my attention that, in many instances, CPD around online learning would not have incurred a cost because, for example, it was provided by Education Scotland or members of existing council staff. I would therefore like to update and resubmit my request, and I have provided a table below that I would ask you to complete with the relevant information.
I wish to know, with regards to CPD for teachers focused on developing their knowledge, skills and technical abilities regarding online or blended learning, the following information:
• The title of the session delivered
• The organisation or individual who delivered the session
• The date on which it was delivered and the time it was delivered
• The number of people who actually attended the session (NB this is critical to my analysis - if the council is unable to say how many people actually attended a session then please mark this as 'UNKNOWN')
• The cost of providing the session, if application (I expect that in many cases this field will be left blank)
As with the original request, school-by-school breakdowns are not necessary as I am looking only for council-level data. The date range for this request is Jan 1 2020 - Jan 1 2021
|Session title (including subtitle if applicable)||Delivered by||Date & time delivered||Number of attendees||Cost (if applicable)|
Please see table located here.
The department concerned have also made the following comments:
"I would like to clarify two major points which has a significant bearing on the request. The first is that CPD sessions focused on developing educator knowledge, skills and technical abilities regarding online or blended learning were offered openly on a national/international level by providers such as Education Scotland, Google for Education, Microsoft and many other providers. Educators were able to register and attend these sessions on an individual basis. Registration details and attendance details on these sessions are not shared with Local Authorities, but educators were made aware of these opportunities through their Local Authority and local digital learning team.
The second point is that a large number of CPD sessions delivered online are recorded to allow those unable to attend to benefit from the training. The attendance figures on the day do not accurately reflect the number of educators who have benefit from the sessions."