FOI Request - DSE Workstation Assessments And Procurement
nder the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please can you confirm:
1. How do you complete ergonomic/DSE workstation assessments, including to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations and make "reasonable adjustments" in line with the Equality Act?
2. What companies do you use for both providing workstation assessments and supplying DSE equipment recommended?
3. Were these products or services purchased through a tender or framework? If so, which one?
4. Are you under contract with your current supplier(s) for the above assessment/supply services? If so, what is the start and end date of the contract?
5. Can you confirm your annual spend on assessments and equipment?
6. Can you provide contact details for the person(s) responsible in procurement?
7. Can you provide contact details for the department responsible for managing this service?
1. Staff are able to carry out self-assessments but H&S staff also carry out DSE assessments where staff cannot resolve their own problems.
2. DSE RAs are carried out in-house. Equipment supplied is generally provided via the firms on the framework agreement, eg, chairs, furniture, etc. Specialised adaptations would be purchased from other office suppliers that can meet the need at the cheapest cost.
3. Products can be purchased via our Education and Office Furniture Framework Agreement but this is not solely for DSE Workstations and Assessments. There may be other specialist suppliers out with this framework who can supply products.
4. As stated in Q3 we don’t have a specific contract for DSW Workstations Assessment but our Education and Office Furniture framework went live 1/5/2017 and ends 31/5/2021.
5. This information is not held as it’s impossible to define the spend as across the council orders will have been raised across various budgets/codes. This information is therefore exempt under section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information Not Held.
6. Our Buying Team within Procurement are responsible for raising purchase orders to suppliers. Procurement can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Our Buying Team within Procurement are responsible for raising purchase orders to suppliers for equipment. Procurement can be contacted at email@example.com