FOI Request - B9015 Road Repair
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act relating to a road your
authority is responsible for maintaining.
Specifically, my query relates to the B9015 at GR 57.5754109045842, -3.1549605485830847
Please can you send me:
1) A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full
policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections,
how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification
of a defect and repairs being carried out.
2) A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past 3 months. Again, please send
me the full road repair history, but this should include:
- dates of all safety inspections between 4th December 2020 to 12th February 2021.
- details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection
- details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
- details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the
time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
1. We do not have a policy specifically relating to the B9015. Please see our Roads Asset Management Plan (RAMP) here.
The B9015 at the locus specified is considered a hierarchy 2 road, and as such receives a Monthly Inspection.
Further information regarding question 1 is contained in the RAMP.
2. Please find a report from our systems for the B9015 at the locus specified attached here*. This report shows all scheduled safety inspections carried out on this section of the B9015 during the specified window (04/12/20 – 12/02/21), as well as all defect and customer enquires received for the same.
Inspections in rural areas (speed limit over 40mph) will be driven in a slow moving conspicuous vehicle, at an appropriate speed to allow any defects to be identified. These inspections will be single manned, with the Inspector pulling over to a safe location when recording defects.
The report shows the date and time the fault/enquiry was recorded in our system (Enq.Time) as well as the Completion Date if it was repaired (Comp. Time). For those that were not repaired, we have attached copies of the individual Instruction Report from our systems which show the outcome of these faults/enquiries.
*Personal information has been redacted as it is exempt under section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.