FOI Request - Farm Animal Welfare and Planning
I wish to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act. Please could you provide me with the following information
1) How many farm animal welfare inspections/visits did your Local Authority carry out in 2010 and 2020? (If possible, please split between proactive and reactive visits) and what was the outcome of these inspections/visits? Ie were breaches detected and what action was taken by your Local Authority?
2) The amount of resource applied to animal health and welfare in these years, and the number of dedicated animal health and welfare staff in your Local Authority (by FTE) in 2010 & 2020?
3) The number & type of cattle held by registered cattle holdings (ie holdings with a County Parish Holding number) in your Local Authority. Please could you also specify the nature of each holding, ie dairy farm, beef farm, abattoir, market etc
4) The details of any planning applications made by dairy farms, either for new dairy establishments, or expansion of existing establishments, made in 2019 or 2020. In particular the number of cows to be held, and the nature of the housing system for the cows, (ie permanent indoors housing, v. summer grazing with winter indoor housing)
1. Below is a count AHWELF service requests (Reactive) and farm visits (proactive)
Please find further details of these attached here.
Notes: For the reactive, there are no action types of say written warning etc. just generally only notes.
For proactive, this is visits to a farm, unable to search for specific animal visits. Same as above regarding actions.
2. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that this information is not held. The amount of resource applied solely to animal health and welfare cannot be calculated as the department resources are not broken down for each sub-section of Environmental Health.
3. In accordance with section 17of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that this information is not held.
4. None found