FOI Requst - Empty Homes
Please send me:
1. The number of houses to date that are long-term vacant i.e. have been empty for over six months.
2. The a) number of these properties, and b) the percentage of overall long-term vacant homes that have been vacant for over i) 2 years ii) 5 years and iii) 10 years.
3. The number of long-term vacant houses that were brought into use (by that I mean are now occupied) in the financial year a) 2020-2021, and b) 2019-2020
Please break down both Council owned and others.
1. There are a total of 2923 empty Council Tax properties as at 31st January 2021, of which 24 are Moray Council and 2899 are non council.
2. (a)(i) Council - 5 ; Non Council - 576 (ii) Council - 3 ; Non Council - 325 (iii) Council - 2 ; Non Council - 662
(b)(i) Council - 0.17% ; Non Council - 19.71% (ii) Council - 0.10% ; Non Council 11.12% (iii) Council - 0.07% ; Non Council - 22.65%
3. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that the number of properties brought into use in Moray is not recorded.
Council owned only:
a) 2020/21 - 22
b) 2019/20 - 3 (re-lets would have been substantially affected by the pandemic/restrictions)