FOI Request - One To One Care Home Support
1. Does your local authority offer 1:1 support for people in care homes?
2. Under what circumstances would it be seen as appropriate or necessary?
3. Are you able to tell me how many requests for 1:1 support were made by care homes to yourselves in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020?
I appreciate you may not keep records on requests and may only have information on how many such supports you actually funded. The focus of my research is on a perceived increase in certain behaviours and whether or not they are actually now more prevalent.
• If you only have figures on how many 1:1 packages were funded that would be helpful to know.
1. This would not be normal process to provide 1:1 support in a care home. However, we have looked at this on an individual case basis. On occasion this type of support has been approved for a short term, usually a few weeks.It is not something we offer on a long term basis.
2. This has usually been to support staff where a client is particularly unwell and has behaviours that challenge. Often this is due to a sudden change in circumstances or presentation. They need to be time limited and we need to ensure the multi-professional team are supporting in the case. These have to be approved at a locality manager level.
3. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please be advised that this information is not held, however in order to be helpful can advise the following:
2017-2019 - requests were extremely rare e.g. 1-3 per year
2020 - there were approximately 8 requests