FOI Request - Potholes
1. Please could you tell me the number of complaints you have received about potholes since April last year and the exact location.
If a pothole has been complained about more than once, please include each complaint in the totals.
2. Could you please confirm how many potholes have been fixed in the same period?
3. Can you also please tell me how much compensation, if any, has been paid out to motorists for damage caused by potholes?
1. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm no information is held regarding complaints specifically about potholes.
2. In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that the closest data held is the number of works instructions which are categorised as 'carriageway defects'. Not all of these instructions will be regarding potholes, and also some instructions may have been reporting several carriageway defects in the vicinity:
5,903 (from 01/04/20 – 12/05/21)
3. We can confirm there has been one payment made during this period, however the amount paid is exempt under section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, personal information.
[Please note the response to question 2 was amended 07-06-2021 to include additional text]