FOI Request - Domestic Abuse Policies and Procedures
1. Can you advise if the Local Authority has any policies/procedures to support staff experiencing domestic abuse?
2. If the Local Authority does or does not have a domestic abuse policy/procedure, can you advise what support is available to support staff experiencing domestic abuse?
3. If the Local Authority does not have a domestic abuse policy/procedure, are there plans to put policies/procedures in place?
1. The council provides a range of support mechanisms for staff including an Employee Assistance Provider who offers a free counselling service, we also have available for staff information for signposting purposes a list of local and national support service contact numbers and where a member of staff is absent from work for whatever reason, our Health and Work policy would be applied.
2. Employee Assistance Provider, HR Service, Line Manager support and Occupational Health
3. The council’s employment policy framework remains under constant review.