FOI Request - Potholes And Road Defects
I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information act:
1. The total number of potholes and/or road defects reported in your local area, broken down by month for the years 2019, 2020 and 2021 to date.
2. The total number of potholes and/or road defects fixed by the council, broken down by month for the years 2019, 2020 and 2021 to date.
3. The amount of money spent by the council on fixing potholes and/or road defects broken down by year, for 2019, 2020 and 2021 (calendar years if possible, please).
4. The total amount of money paid out in compensation due to potholes and/or road defects, broken down by year for 2019, 2020, 2021 (calendar years if possible, please).
5. And if possible, please can you give an indication of the amount of time taken to fix a single pothole (from starting work on the fix to the road being open again)?
If limited by time, please prioritise in order of Q1, Q2, Q3, etc.
If possible, please provide data in an Excel format.
1. Please find Carriageway Defects Enquiries report here.
2. Please find Carriageway Defect Instructions Completed report here.
The closest data we have is the number of works instructions which are categorised as 'carriageway defects'.
Please note that not all of these instructions will be regarding potholes, and also some instructions may have
been reporting several carriageway defects in the vicinity.
3. Please see Value of Instructions Completed Per Calendar Year below:
Value of Instructions Completed Per Calendar Year
General Maintenance Patching
4. See Insurance Claims Paid Out here. Please note the amounts paid out are Insurance claims and NOT
5. This information is not held. This information is therefore exempt from release under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information Not Held.