FOI Request - Community Disability Equipment
Under the Freedom of Information Act (2000), I would be grateful if you could provide information to us on all the geographical areas that you cover, for the following two periods:
• 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020.
• 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021.
1. The value* of community disability equipment** provided by your organisation (we require information from each organisation separately, if you wish to provide joint spending figures – please let us know) to disabled and terminally ill children (as defined by the 2010 Equality Act please see *** below) in your area.
2. The numbers of individual pieces of equipment supplied to disabled and terminally ill children in your area.
* Value to include both recycled equipment provided to specific children through services such as Community Equipment Stores and equipment purchased new for specific children.
**The term community equipment includes such items as wheelchairs, buggies, specialist beds, standing frames, hoists, car seats and specialist seating. We do not include structural adaptations, consumables such as nasal gastric tubing and incontinence supplies, IT equipment or surgical aids.
*** As defined by the 2010 Equality Act. Children up to their 18th birthday who have ‘a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on their ability to do normal/daily activities’.
1. We only have one budget for equipment which covers everything from cradle to grave so we are unable to separate this out as this would cost in excess of £600. In accordance with section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, excessive cost, we are therefore unable to comply with this request.. This may change in the future once we are able to purchase equipment through our ELMS system.
1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020 – 164
1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021 – 96