FOI Request - Statutory Advocacy Services
1. How does the Local Authority define statutory advocacy?
2. Who provides your statutory advocacy services? Please be inclusive of all statutory advocacy services in your response.
3. How much has the Local Authority spent on statutory advocacy services each year over the last 10 years, broken down by year and service?
4. How many people have received statutory advocacy services each year over the last 10 years, broken down by year and service?
5. How many people have received non-statutory advocacy services each year over the last 10 years, broken down by year and service?
6. How does the Local Authority assess the level of need for statutory advocacy services?
1. Everyone under the Mental Health Act.
2. Circles Network
3. Information we have is for the current contracted service which has been in place since 19/11/18. Contract value each year
2018 - £126,841.56
2019 - £129,632.07
2020 - £132,847 + £35k specific drug and alcohol funding
2021 - £136,832 + £35k specific drug and alcohol funding
2022 - £144,460 + £35k specific drug and alcohol funding
Prior to this it was Advocacy North East which ran from 2006 to the start of Circles Network.
2012-17 - £125,623 with additional RPI rises each year.
Introductions 2019-20 2020-21 2021-22
New 276 156 224
Open Not counted 461 539
Closed 174 110 212
Prior information archived.
5. Not held. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.
6. Those who come under the Mental Health Act are eligible for advocacy. People then access as required. We work with the current provider to access need to ensure that there is no waiting list.