FOI Request - Environmental Health Officers
1. Could you please provide figures on the number of environmental health officers employed by the council over the last five financial years starting from April 2017/18 and including 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22. Please provide total number accross the environmental health services you offer.
2. I am also looking for numbers - again for the last five financial years - of the number of pest control workers (or equivent job title in your LA). Could you also please provide the number of cases dealt with by pest control workers over the last five financial years?
3. I am also looking for the number of officers charged with commercial waste enforcement over the last five years as well as the number of cases in the same time period.
1. The figures below are for 31st March each year and for Environmental Health Officers including Principal and Senior:
2018 – 9
2019 – 8
2020 – 8
2021 – 8
2022 – 8
2. For the last five financial years Moray Council has had Two (2) Animal Welfare officers who carry out pest control as part of their duties.
The numbers for Q2 are as follows:
2017/2018 - 582
2018/2019 - 784
2019/2020 - 210
2020/2021 - 227
2021/2022 - 290
3. The number of officers charged with commercial waste enforcement over the last five years are less than 5. Due to the low numbers involved, release of this information could result in the identification of individuals. This information is therefore exempt under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Personal Information.
There were nil cases.