FOI Request - Number of Hospital Social Work Staff
1. Number of hospital social workers currently employed by your local authority (expressed as number of staff and as Full Time Equivalent, excluding vacancies)
2. Number of non-social work registered staff currently employed in hospital social work teams (care managers, assessment officers, assistant social workers etc) (expressed as number of staff and as Full Time Equivalent, excluding vacancies)
3. Number of vacancies for social workers and non-social work registered staff currently employed in hospital social work teams (expressed as number of posts and Full Time Equivalent)
4. Are these hospital social workers managed by a registered social worker?
5. Do these hospital social workers have an office base within an NHS hospital / other NHS premises?
6. If your local authority does not employ hospital social workers, please give the name of the body that does employ hospital social workers in your local authority area.
1. 2 full time and 1 part time social workers
2. 1 Team Manager (Registered nurse), 1 F/T Community Care assistant, 1 33hr Admin
3. 1 Vacancy for F/T Advanced Practitioner (Secondment started 6th June 22 for 1 year). Post has been vacant since November 2021.
4. Not directly; however, there is a Chief Social Work Officer who has oversight of all professional social work staff.
5. Hospital social workers are office based in Council offices but have two desks within Dr Grays that are used daily.
6. The Hospital Discharge Team are currently working under and innovation site with Partners for Change, applying the principles of the 3 conversation model. The team are about half way through the timeframe for this and after which an evaluation will take place to understand how this model allows for better outcomes for people to be met using this approach, particularly in relation to discharge from hospital.