FOI Request - Penalty Charge Notices
1. How many Penalty Charge Notices were issued and posted by your organisation last financial year?
2. How many Charge Certificates (related to Penalty Charge Notices) were issued and posted by your organisation last financial year?
3. How many Order for Recovery's (related to Penalty Charge Notices) were issued and posted by your organisation last financial year?
4. What was the total postage cost related to posting Penalty Charge Notices, Charge Certificates and Order for Recovery's last financial year? (If this is not feasible to calculate, what was the total postage cost associated with your organisation's parking and traffic enforcement department last financial year?)
5. How many Penalty Charge Notices issued by your organisation last financial year were related to parking offences?
6. How many Penalty Charge Notices that were issued by your organisation, were paid in full last financial year?
7. What is the average number of days it takes for a Penalty Charge Notice issued by your organisation, to be paid in full?
8a. Does your organisation print and fulfil Penalty Charge Notices in-house (i.e by a mailroom owned and managed by your organisation), or is this outsourced to a third party supplier?
8b. If the answer to 8a is that your organisation outsources to a third party supplier, was the supplier sourced via the Crown Commercial Service purchasing framework?
Clarification received 23/05/2022: The requester is happy to receive information on off street parking related charge notices only.
1. 1,224 excess charge notices were issued during 2021/22
2. N/A charge certificates are not issued for excess charge notices
3. N/A there were no order for recovery issued for excess charge notices
6. 696 were paid in full / 130 were cancelled / 398 progressed to invoice on the Council's financial management system
7. 10% were cancelled on appeal / 49% were paid within 10 working days / 9% were paid within 30 days / 32% progressed to invoice