FOI request - Blocked Drains
1. How many reports of blocked drains in public roads has the council received in EACH of the last three financial years (up to and including March 2022)?
2. How many blocked drains in public roads remain outstanding (i.e. have still to be unblocked by council staff) at this time?
3. Of those that remain outstanding, what is the longest period that a drain has required to be unblocked?
4. How many claims for compensation has the council paid out in relation to damage caused by rainwater flooding in EACH of the last three financial years? Please provide what details you can on the successful claims that the council paid out for.
1. 2019/20 - 199
2020/21 - 249
2021/22 - 278
3. 563 days
4. Nil; We don’t pay compensation - we reimburse for damage/injury caused through insurance claims. We have zero successful claims caused by rainwater flooding in EACH of the last three financial years.