FOI Request - Early Learning and Childcare Budget
1) What percentage of 1140 hours delivery is through partner providers (excluding local authority settings) from Aug '21-Mar '22?
2) What percentage of ELC budget is (including 600/1140 hours) used to fund partner providers (excluding local authority settings) from Aug '21 - Mar '22?
3) What was your combined ELC budget (600/1140) for 2021/22?
4) What percentage of ELC budget for 2021/22 was spent on capital expenditure?
5) What percentage of ELC budget for 2021/22 was spent on training and support for partner providers?
1) We had 1242 children with Private, Voluntary and Independent (PVI) early years sector providers (including childminders) and 664 children with Local authority settings. Totaling 1906 - meaning 65% is offered through PVIs (including childminders)
2) 50.77% - this calculation is for the period April 21 to March 22 - we cannot identify August 21 to March 22 separately.
Gross Expenditure Budget £13,752,370
Government Specific Grant -£10,578,511
Other Income -£4,065
Net Budget £3,169,794
4) 3.85% - total Capital Expenditure was £1,748,338. £550,000 of this was funded by revenue and is included in the percentage above, leaving a balance of £1,198,338 funded by the Capital Budget