FOI Request - Protect Duty
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information.
Please can you provide the following:
1. A bullet point list of all the measures the council has taken in preparation for the introduction of the ‘Protect Duty’ which is expected to come into effect in 2022.
2. The full amount (in £) the council has spent to date implementing the aforementioned measures as well as the amount of money (in £) assigned to make the above changes ahead of the introduction of ‘Protect Duty’.
3. If you have not yet assigned a budget or implemented measures ahead of ‘Protect Duty’ coming into effect, do you expect to do so in the next 6 months? (please answer either Yes, No or N/A)
Clarification of what we are referring to when we say ‘Protect Duty’:
The government is imposing new legislation under the name of ‘Protect Duty’, increasing the protection of the UK’s publicly accessible locations against terrorist attacks and ensuring they are equipped to deal with all possible incidents. Additional security measures and perimeter protection will be required for public venues, organisations and public spaces under this new legislation. .
Can the above mentioned information please be supplied electronically in excel format and the data be categorised as per the bullet points above.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
1. Moray Council participates in the Multi- agency CONTEST group chaired by Police Scotland. The Multi- agency CONTEST group has a PROTECT Sub- group that is co-ordinating and developing how the PROTECT duty may be implemented. Moray Council is a member of this sub group.
2. Not held - no budget has been allocated at this time as we do not yet know the full extent of the Protect Duty. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.