FOI Request - Planning and Building Standards
1) Please provide details of planning and building standards record retention. If you have a retention schedule please provide a copy of it.
2) Please provide details of planning and building standards frequency of transfer of records to archive.
3) Please provide details of which services hold planning and building standards records.
4) Please provide details of who provides access to planning and building standards records that are kept indefinitely.
1) Moray Council's Retention schedules available through the Council website at http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_92705.html This information is therefore exempt under section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information otherwise accessible.
2) Information not held. Records are not transferred according to any pre-arranged timetable. This information is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information Not Held
3) Housing and Property do hold planning and building warrant information on projects. This is predominantly information which has been obtained from Planning and Building Standards.
Legal Services do hold records link to planning and building standards issues- not specific application files but related matters. These are held and destroyed in accordance with our agreed file retention/destruction policy
4) Departments have access to their own records. No records are kept indefinitely; records with permanent preservation requirements will be transferred to the Council's Archives at a suitable point in time.