FOI Request - Natasha's Law
Please see below my FOI request regarding Natasha’s Law.
1. Since 1 October 2021, how many Pre-packed for Direct Sale (PPSD) food businesses have been inspected to ascertain compliance with food labelling laws? Specifically, in relation to the requirements introduced from Natasha’s Law?
2. Since 1 October 2021, how many PPSD food businesses within your local authority area have been found to be non-compliant with food labelling laws?
3. Since April 2020 until June 2022, please can you detail any support that has been provided and/or made available to local PPSD food businesses to support compliance with allergen labelling legislation?
4. Since April 2020 until June 2022, can you state the number of PPSD food businesses you have provided support to in relation to compliance with allergen labelling legislation?
5. Please can you detail any changes to environmental health /or food enforcement activities your organisation has implemented in response to Natasha’s Law?
6. How many breaches of allergen labelling compliance have you been notified of from within your Local Authority area since October 2021?
1. We do not carry out visits specifically for labelling issues unless we receive a complaint; however, labelling is always addressed at regular food hygiene visits and appropriate action taken.464 visits carried out since 01/10/21
2. Varying levels of compliance which is addressed at visits or following samples taken. To provide specific numbers would have to examine individual inspection records, so to collate it would cost the Council in excess of £600. In accordance with section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, excessive cost, we are therefore unable to comply with your request.
3. Information/discussion at time of visit where advice is given. Also provide links to Food Standards Scotland website provided which gives full details and further advice.
4.Carried out during routine Food Hygiene visits when allergen requirements discussed. 438 inspections carried out in this time
5. No specific changes have always addressed allergen issues during visits or following specific enquiries
6. None notified to date - not held. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.