FOI Request - Car Parks
Please could you provide the following information in an Excel spreadsheet:
1. The average cost to park a car for up to one hour (or the minimum spend) between 9am and 6pm in a local authority owned car park in 2020, 2021, and 2022 (January to June).
2. The average cost to park a car for up to six hours between 9am and 6pm in a local authority owned car park in 2020, 2021, and 2022 (January to June).
3. The total revenue raised by the local authority from car parking fees in 2020, 2021, and 2022 (January to June).
4. The number of car parks owned by the local authority
5. The number of local authority owned car parks that accept cash payments
6. The number of car parks that have been sold by the local authority in the past five years
Current car parking charges were set in May 2018.
1. Average parking charges for 1 hour is £1.50 in medium & high usage car parks. Parking charges in low usage car parks in £1.00 per day.
2. Average parking charges for up to 6 hours in a medium usage car park is £5.00. High usage car parks are minimum parking of up to 4 hours.
3. Total revenue in pay and display car parks:
January 2020 - December 2020 - £347,720
January 2021 - December 2021 - £536,581
January 2022 - June 2022 - £425,891