FOI Request - Business Rate Credit Balances
We wish to obtain information relating to unclaimed business rate credit balances, including any write-on's (credits written down to nil).
1. Please provide me with a list of credit balances (and write-on' s) currently held on business rate accounts within your Billing Authority, which remain due to be repaid to Limited Companies. It would be helpful if the following information could be provided in each case:-
• The name of the Company to whom any business rate credit balance (or write-on) remains payable;
• The amount of the overpayment (write-on) which remains unclaimed;
• The years(s) in which overpayment (write-on) was made;
• The hereditament address.
Moray Council produces a quarterly report of Non Domestic Rates credit balances on its website. The next report will be produced early in October . The link to the current list is as follows: