FOI Request - Children's Playgrounds
Please could you provide the following information for the financial year 2019/20:
1. How many children’s playgrounds did your authority manage?
2. How much did your authority spend on children’s playgrounds, including inspection, maintenance, repair and replacement?
3. How much did your authority spend on the creation of new children’s playgrounds?
For clarity, I am interested in children’s playgrounds located in public and semi-public spaces such as parks, open spaces, housing estates and adventure playgrounds. I am not interested in school playgrounds.
1. 122 managed by Open Spaces team (30 of those are in school playgrounds) and the following table shows those managed by Housing and Property Services
|Town||Post Code||Street||Council Properties|
|Buckie||AB56 1GE||Alba Road area||152|
|Elgin||IV30 6GH||McMillan Avenue area||146|
|Elgin||1V30 8AB||Cooperage Close area||31|
|Elgin||IV30 8AL||Dunvegan Crescent area||21|
|Elgin||IV30 8AW||Fyvie Green area||50|
|Forres||IV36 2PA||Falconer Avenue area||87|
|Keith||AB55 5GD||Colvin Court area||31|
|Mosstodloch||IV32 7AA||Speymouth Drive area||76|
2. 122 managed by Open Spaces team: £100,457.86 For the 8 above managed by Housing and Property Services – as far as they can establish they have no records of spend since installation.
3. £0 - no new play areas created only existing ones upgraded