FOI Request - Social Housing Waiting Lists
Under FOI I would please like to request the following:
1. How many disabled people and how many children are waiting for social housing in this local authority?
2. What is the longest period of time a disabled person has waited for social housing?
3. What is the longest time a child has waited for social housing?
Clarification sought 04-10-2022
Clarification received - children to be defined as those under 18
1. As at 10 October 2022 there are:
• 506 disabled people. This applies to the main applicant only, not members of the household.
• 2431 household members are under the age of 18 as per your definition of a child.
2. With the exception of homeless households who are normally rehoused in date order, we operate a needs based allocations policy. The total number of points on the application determines the position on the housing list at any given time and we do not award any points associated with length of time on the list. An applicant’s circumstances may worsen or improve during the life of their housing application and this means their total number of points may be reassessed and their position can change frequently. Our policy is available at www.moray.gov.uk/downloads/file125428.pdf
At 10 October 2022, the longest period of time a disabled person has waited for social housing is 34 years however this application is at an non-offerable status i.e. they are not actively seeking rehousing at this time.
3. The longest time an applicant with children in the household has been waiting is 10 years, however these are non-dependent children (over the age of 16).