FOI Request - Public Toilets
Please could you provide the following information under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002:
1. How many public toilet facilities does the council own and operate? Could you please provide a location, postcode or any identifying information.
2. How many of the council-operated facilities were closed in March 2020 onwards due to the Covid-19 pandemic?
3. Could you provide the date on which the council-operated facilities were reopened to the public, and how many remain closed? What is the reason for any facilities still being closed?
4. Any documents, notes or memos relating to council-operated public toilet facilities and the impact of the pandemic on accessibility.
Newlands Lane, Buckie
Cluny Harbour, Buckie
Seaview Road, Cummingston
Burghead Harbour, Burghead
Albert Place, Dufftown
Cooper Park, Elgin
Jubilee Terrace, Findochty
Grant Park, Forres
Tomnabat Lane, Tomintoul
Hopeman Harbour, Hopeman
Regent Square, Keith
East Street, Fochabers
Portknockie Harbour, Portknockie
Victoria St, Craigellachie
New Street, Rothes
2. All Council operated public toilets were closed on 24 March 2020 due to the Covid pandemic. However, those in harbours remained accessible for harbour workers / users. Some further facilities were accessible by keyworkers using a key safe system.
3. 8 Council operated public toilets were reopened to the public on: 13 July 2020. These locations were linked to key tourism hotspots and can be identified via the link below in response to Q4.
We posted the following when they closed on 24 March 2020:
Then we published and shared a press release on 1 July 2020: