FOI Request - Gull Control
Request 101003177646/EIR 101003205506
I am submitting a freedom of information request regarding your gull control across your council area for the last 5 years (2017-2021). I define gull control as the following:
• Removal of nests
• Removal of eggs
• Culling/removal of chicks
• Culling/removal of adult birds
Also please state the above actions for each gull species you carry out control for, the gull species required are as below:
• Herring Gulls
• Lesser Black Backed Gulls
• Greater Black Backed Gulls
• Common Gulls
• Black Headed Gulls
Using the licenses you obtain from Natural England/ NatureScot/ Natural Resources Wales you should be able to determine the number for each of the above listed actions for each species. Each license has to be completed with a returns ('returns' is a detailed list sent back to the licensing issuing authority of all actions carried out under license by the council) of the breakdown for all licensed actions taken for each species.
Please accept the following questions regarding this subject.
1. Does the local authority carry out gull control (if no please only answer questions 1 & 2)?
2. How many complaints does the local authority receive regarding gulls each year?
3. How many licenses does the local authority apply for each year?
4. Does the local authority deploy non lethal deterrents to deter gulls from nesting?
If the local authority carries out gull control please answer the following for each species, again all this information should be submitted in license returns that the local authority submits and therefore should be easily accessible:
1. For each above listed gull species how many nests have you removed over the last 5 years? Please state the total for each year.
2. For each above listed gull species how many eggs have you removed over the last 5 years? Please state the total for each year.
3. For each above listed gull species how many chicks have you culled/removed over the last 5 years? Please state the total for each year.
4. For each above listed gull species how many adult birds have you removed over the last 5 years? Please state the total for each year.
Response 04-01-2023 (under EISR)
The information requested is not held by Moray Council; therefore exeption 10(4)a of ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION (SCOTLAND) REGULATIONS 2004 applies - information not held. However, NatureScot has advised that they hold the information you are looking for. You can contact them under email@example.com