FOI Request - Highway Drainage
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information relating to highway drainage maintenance.
1. Please can you provide the number of highway drainage assets under your responsibility? If available, can you split the information by type (e.g. gullies, chambers, ditches etc.)?
a. Could you also provide information about the number of gullies cleaned per year for the last 3 available years?
b. If available, please could you provide the number of blocked drainage assets for the last 3 years?
2. Please can you provide your highway drainage budget for the last 3 years
a. Does this budget only cover gully cleaning, or does it also include other services such as relining, emergency jetting, CCTV surveys?
b. If not, please include budgets and actual expenditure for these additional services over the last 3 years
3. Can you please provide your actual expenditure on drainage over the last 3 years, if available
4. Are highway drainage services provided in-house by the council? If so, how many employees do you use for this?
a. If outsourced, are they outsourced directly to a drainage contractor or are they managed as part of a wider highway maintenance contract?
5. In the case of a highway maintenance contract, please could you provide the following information:
a. Number and description of lots
b. The current provider(s)
c. The start date and duration
d. Current contract value total
e. Previous contract value
6. If available, would you be able to provide number of flooding incidents on highways in your area historically and any classification on severity.
1. While we have collected asset information for a lot of our drainage assets, some of these assets remain unidentified/undocumented so the numbers below are only indicate of what we have recorded.
|No of Items|
|'Blocked' Instructions Issued||241||274||507|
2.a The totals given are for a combination of different budgets regarding drainage, including Capital Improvements, Cyclical Gully Cleaning, Jetting and Gully Frame Resetting.
4. The majority of our works are done in house, there is no exact number of employees that are dedicated to drainage works. We will use specialist contractors for CCTV Surveys.
4.a The outsourced work is awarded directly to contractors. There is no highway maintenance contract in place in Moray.
5. N/A - there is no highway maintenance contract in place in Moray.
6 - Not held - Information Not Available. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.