FOI Request - Asylum Seekers in Hotel Accommodation
1. The number of asylum seekers placed in hotel accommodation within your area from January 2018 to the latest complete month, broken down by year and month
2. The number of hotels within your area being used to house asylum seekers from January 2018 to the latest complete month, broken down by year and month
In addition, please answer the following questions with a yes or no, if you cannot do this please provide additional details:
3. Are you (the council) currently engaged in or considering taking legal action to stop asylum seekers being housed in hotel accommodation in your area? (yes/no)
4. If yes what legal action have you taken/considered?
5. Have you/are you considering using your planning enforcement powers to dispute the use of hotel accommodation to house asylum seekers? (e.g. change in use from hotel to a longer term housing facility) (yes/no)
1. We do not have any asylum seekers in hotels in Moray.
We did have 21 Ukrainian Refugee's placed into a hotel.
2. No asylum seekers have been placed into hotels.
We did have some Ukraine Refugee's placed in one hotel July 2022 to Dec 2022