FOI Request - Harassment or Bullying Complaints Against Councillors
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2002, can I request the following:
1) For each year between 2018 and 2022 to date (inclusive), the total number of formal harassment or bullying complaints against councillors.
2) For each year between 2018 and 2022 to date (inclusive), the total number of informal harassment or bullying complaints against councillors.
1. & 2.
|2022||7 to date|
* number of harassment or bullying complaints against councillors are between 1 and 5. Due to the low numbers involved, release of this information could result in the identification of individuals. This information is therefore exempt under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Personal Information.
• There is no distinction between formal and informal complaints within the Council. Complaints can be made to the Ethical Standards Commissioner
• There is no standalone database of complaints against councillors by category. Advice to, and complaints against councillors are stored in folders under each of their names.
• Accusations of B+H can be misfounded.