FOI Request - Sex Education
In your local authorities primary schools:
For the year 2020-21
1. The number instances where a parent has requested their child to be removed from a lesson on sex education? (by sex education, this would include living and growing and any lessons along similar themes)
2. The number of instances where a parents request to have their child removed from the lesson has been denied?
3. The number of complaints from parents regarding the content of sex education lessons?
1. & 2. We would have to look in every pupil file to get this information. This task would cost the Council in excess of £600 of staff time. In accordance with section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (excessive cost), we are therefore unable to comply with this part of the request.
3. Nil. Information not held. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.