FO Request - Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information relevant to your area. If your authority is not responsible for administering PCNs to motorists, please disregard this email.
I am interested in the following calendar years:
-1st January - 31st December 2013
-1st January - 31st December 2014
-1st January - 31st December 2015
-1st January - 31st December 2016
-1st January - 31st December 2017
-1st January - 31st December 2018
-1st January - 31st December 2019
-1st January - 31st December 2020
-1st January - 31st December 2021
-1st January - current date 2022 (please specify current date when submitting back)
Please may you provide me, broken down by each of the years above, with:
1. The number of fixed penalty charge notices (PCNs) issued for driving violations (not including parking) - for eg (but not restricted to) using a bus lane, or crossing a restricted bridge
2. The locations where the violations took place including the name of the road/junction/bridge etc and which village/town/city etc it is in
3. The violation committed by the driver - eg using a bus lane
4. How much the driver was fined
5. Whether the PCN was appealed, the nature of the appeal, and the outcome of the appeal
6.The total amount of revenue generated, in each of the years above, from driving-related (but not parking) PCNs
Where there is a lot of similar data for one location, please group this together - eg if 50 drivers have been fined £50 for using the same bus lane and none appealed.
1. None. Not held. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.