FOI Request - Home Workers
This is an information request relating to home workers at the council.
Please include the following information:
1. The number of staff that currently work employed by the council that are contractual home workers
Please also include the following information:
2. The number of contractual home workers employed by the department in each of the last three financial years: 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22
By “contractual home workers” I mean employees who have it written into their contracts that their normal working arrangements are to work from home.
Finally, please also include the following information:
3. The daily occupancy rate of the council offices during the following months: September, October, November (2022)
The occupancy rate could be either the number of desks or workspaces booked per day through a hot-desking system as a percentage of the total number of desks, or it could be the percentage of eligible card-holders who have access to the council offices who have access it during this period
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
1. 9 employees (as of Feb 2023). In reality, many hundreds of council employees worked from home during covid and have continued to do so in recent months many on a hybrid (home/work base). This situation is currently under review.
2019-20 - 6 employees
2020-21 - 9 employees
2021-22 - 10 employees
3. Not held. This data is not recorded. Information that is not held falls under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 - Information not held.