The Moray Local Awards Committee (MLAC)
The Moray Local Awards Committee is a registered Scottish charity (SCO43423) set up to support both the adult volunteers and the participants of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award throughout Moray in partnership with Moray Council.
Members are made up of DofE Moray volunteers (Group leaders/ Expedition Supervisors/ Assessors/ Assistants and other volunteers willing to support us).
Our aim is to support and develop DofE Moray for the benefit of both the young people and the adults who support them as well as to benefit the whole community.
Some of our activities include;
- Meeting at least 3 times a year as a committee
- Holding an Annual General Meeting.
- Fundraising to support young people and the adult volunteers for items such as expedition equipment and volunteer training costs.
- Looking at new ways to better support young people and adults and continuing to develop links within the local and wider community.
Date of Next Meetings
- Sat 28th Nov 2015 : MLAC Summit
- Wed 10th Feb 2016 : committee meeting
- Wed 13th April 2016 : AGM
- Mon 9th May 2016 : committee meeting
- Thurs 25th Aug 2016 : committee meeting
Amanda Tiddy (Chair)
Anthony Brown (Treasurer)
Donna Hendry (Secretary)
Vince Stuart (Vice-chair)
(Please contact Gavin Morgan (DofE Development worker) in the first instance on 01343 813 614 / email@example.com , thank you)
Duke of Edinburgh Moray Award Officer
Lossiemouth Community Centre