Re-registration of Birth or Stillbirth

Your child's birth or stillbirth can be re-registered if you wish to add the natural father's details or if you have married each other since the birth. By re-registering, the birth records and certificate will include this updated information.

Applications for re-registration should be made using the re-registration of a birth form (RR1) and be accompanied by the relevant declaration forms.

Most re-registrations can be handled by any registrar’s office. More complex applications will be dealt with by National Records of Scotland.

Rate this Page