FOI Request National Assistance Funerals
Following from a report I carried out into National Assistance Funerals, I would like to carry out a follow-up to see if there has been any changes over the past year. The data I am looking for is for the past year and would be preferably on a calendar year basis (2016) but can be by financial year if that is how you record it (2016/17).
What I am looking for is; - the number of National Assistance Funerals carried out - the number of requests for a National Assistance Funeral refused - the age of the deceased (this can be an average over the year or a list of each individual age) - the reason given for requiring a National Assistance Funeral (if one was given) - the total cost of the funeral (before recoveries) - the total cost of the funeral (after recoveries).
- A total of three funerals were arranged in 2016 by the Environmental Health Section in terms of the National Assistance Act 1948.
- No requests for funerals were refused.
- The ages of the deceased persons were as 72, 47 and 70.
- The 72 year old person was estranged from his family. The 47 year old person had family but who did not have the funds to pay for a funeral. The 70 year old person had family who were traced but who didn't wish to make the arrangements for the funeral.
- The total costs of the three funerals (before recoveries) were as follows: £1905.20; £1386.00 and; £1608.93.
- The total costs of the three funerals (after recoveries) were as follows: Nil; £1386.00 and; Nil.