FOI Request - Care Home Financial Contributions
In the event of admission to a Care Home, in calculating the financial contributions an individual is expected to make towards their care home costs a local authority has the power to apply a discretionary disregard of the value of the property if they consider it reasonable to do so.
Please provide the following:
Over the past 5 yrs.
1) How many applications for the above disregard have been received?
2) How many were successful?
3) What criteria are being applied in deciding whether an application will be successful?
1) and 2) Information falls under Section 38 (1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, as is therefore exempt.
3) Length of time appellant lived at property, circumstances of move to property and caring responsibilities for family.