FOI Request - Trading Standards
I am making this request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
1) Do you have a Trading Standards Team?
2) How many investigators are there in the team?
3) Can you list the top five types of case you investigate?
4) Do you specialise in a particular Trading Standards area – e.g. counterfeiting, farm audits, illegal goods
5) How are case reported to you?
6) Do you use an electronic case management system to manage your investigations? If so, which one?
7) Do you joint working with any other organisation? If so, who?
8) Do you publish any information or statistics about the number of cases you investigate each year and their outcomes? If yes, where can I can find this information?
- Misleading/unfair business practices, i.e. breaches of Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- Sale of counterfeit goods
- Unlicensed car dealing/disguised business sales
- Sale of age restricted products to under age children
5) Consumer complaints, intelligence, initiated by Department, a result of programmed work i.e. Tobacco test purchasing programme
7) Police Scotland, SSPCA, Environmental Health, other Authority Trading Standards