FOI Request - Libraries and Leisure Centres
1. How many local libraries are there under the council, as of March 2022? Only libraries which are open and accessible by the public should be included. Furthermore, how many council libraries were open and accessible to the public in 2007-2008?
2. How much of the council’s budget was spent on libraries, both as a percentage and as a figure, in 2007-2008 and 2021-2022?
3. How many leisure centres does the council area own which open for use and accessible for the public as of March 2022? How many leisure centres were there in 2007-2008?
4. How much, as a percentage of the council’s overall budget and overall spend, was given to leisure facilities in 2007-2008 and in the year 2021-2022?
For Q1 & Q3, only figures from 2011 are held.
1. We currently have 11 libraries and 1 mobile library. In 2011, we had 15 libraries & 2 mobile libraries.
2. Please find the information you requested here.
3. We currently have 7 sports & leisure centres. In 2011, we had 6.
4. Please find the information you requested here.