Museums are for Schools and Learning
Museum Services for Schools
Objects and information from the museums' collections often provide an opportunity for a useful and stimulating addition to classroom teaching, or for work with community groups. Handling and talking about objects from people's past often prompts discussion and opens avenues for further enquiry or study. There is a variety of ways in which we can help.
If you are:
- a school teacher
- a leader of a young persons' group
- an organiser of a community group
- looking for a new activity for your group
We can offer you:
- museums to visit
- advice on preparing for and planning your museum visit
- one of our 'Museums-in-a-box' – objects, photographs, teaching notes and other resources for your school to borrow
- a classroom visit by one of our museum staff
- online exhibitions
As a first step, contact us to find out more about how we might be able to help, and to share your ideas on how to use the museums' resources.
Links to Find out More:
- Contact us
- Visiting a museum with your school
- Visit an online exhibition
- Find out about 'museum-in-a-box'
- Curriculum guidance for museum resources in schools
- Requesting a visit to your school by the museum
Material to Download:
You can download the following curriculum guidance notes.