Privacy Notice - Administration and enforcement of Trading Standards legislation
The Data Controller of the information being collected is Moray Council.
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or 01343 562633. You can also consult the information available at the Information Commissioner's websites, ico.org.uk
This privacy statement relates to the following process:
Administration and enforcement of Trading Standards legislation
Your information is being collected to use for the following purposes:
To secure compliance by businesses with Trading Standards legislation with a view to maintaining a fair and safe trading environment.
The legal basis/bases for collecting the information is:
• Processing is necessary to comply with the data controller's legal obligations.
Where sensitive/special category data is being processed (e.g. health information, criminal convictions etc.) the legal basis/bases for collecting the information is:
• Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest and is authorised by domestic law proportionate to the aim pursued.
The 'reason of substantial public interest' relates to:
Administration of justice and parliamentary purposes
The criminal conviction data is being processed under the following legal condition:
Statutory etc. and government purposes
The consequences for witholding the required personal information would be:
People in trade are required to identify themselves under Trading Standards statutes. It would be an offence not to provide this information when requested.
Your information will be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
1) Crown Office
2) Other Councils
3) Moray Council services
4) Other public agencies
8) East Sussex Council
The personal data being used for this process includes:
Personal identifiers, type of business operated, trading history, history of interactions between council and person.
A third party may have provided some of your data as part of this process. This data may include:
Subject's business affairs. Public registers - Feed Business, Tobacco/NVP retailer.
The third party data may originate from these sources:
Government agencies including public registers, Police, partner agencies, businesses, members of public.
Your data will be held by Moray Council for a pre-determined length of time. You can find all the information about how long we retain data for on our website: http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_92820.html
Please note that you have the following rights:
• to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
• to request access to your personal data
• to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits
• to request restriction of processing of your personal data (that is, to request that we halt any activity performed on your personal data), as so far as the legislation permits
• to object to any direct marketing
• to object to any processing undertaken for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics, as so far as the legislation permits
• to object to the processing activity