Privacy Notice - Benefits Advice and Assistance
The Data Controller of the information being collected is Moray Council.
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or 01343 562633. You can also consult the information available at the Information Commissioner's websites, ico.org.uk
This privacy statement relates to the following process:
Benefits Advice and Assistance
Your information is being collected to use for the following purposes:
To enable the clients to receive the benefits they are entitled to.
The legal basis/bases for collecting the information is:
• The data subject (i.e. you) has given consent to the processing.
Where sensitive/special category data is being processed (e.g. health information, criminal convictions etc.) the legal basis/bases for collecting the information is:
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
Your information will be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
2) Her Majesty's Court & Tribunal Service (HMCTS)
5) Social Work.
The personal data being used for this process includes:
Information from health and capability assessment, benefits information, information on finances and employment, marital status, nationality, immigration status, housing status, social issues, partner details.
Your data will be held by Moray Council for a pre-determined length of time. You can find all the information about how long we retain data for on our website: http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_92820.html
Please note that you have the following rights:
• to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
• to request access to your personal data
• to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits
• to request restriction of processing of your personal data (that is, to request that we halt any activity performed on your personal data), as so far as the legislation permits
• to object to any direct marketing
• to object to any processing undertaken for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics, as so far as the legislation permits
• to object to the processing activity