Privacy Notice - Money Advice and Assistance (excluding statutory debt processes)
The Data Controller of the information being collected is Moray Council.
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or 01343 562633. You can also consult the information available at the Information Commissioner's websites, ico.org.uk
This privacy statement relates to the following process:
Money Advice and Assistance (excluding statutory debt processes)
Your information is being collected to use for the following purposes:
To assist clients to resolve their debt problem.
The legal basis/bases for collecting the information is:
• The data subject (i.e. you) has given consent to the processing.
Where sensitive/special category data is being processed (e.g. health information, criminal convictions etc.) the legal basis/bases for collecting the information is:
• Processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, or scientific and historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
Your information will be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
1) Social Work
5) Citizens Advice Bureau
The personal data being used for this process includes:
Identifiers, financial situation, debt, creditors, solution implemented.
A third party may have provided some of your data as part of this process. This data may include:
The third party data may originate from these sources:
From creditors. From referral agencies. From insolvency register - a public register.
Your data will be held by Moray Council for a pre-determined length of time. You can find all the information about how long we retain data for on our website: http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_92820.html
Please note that you have the following rights:
• to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
• to request access to your personal data
• to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits
• to request restriction of processing of your personal data (that is, to request that we halt any activity performed on your personal data), as so far as the legislation permits
• to object to any direct marketing
• to object to any processing undertaken for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics, as so far as the legislation permits
• to object to the processing activity