Polling District and Place Review
The Council has a duty under the Representation of the People Act 1983 to conduct a review of all the Polling Districts and Polling Places in its area from time to time. The 2019 review concluded on 16 December 2020 and amendments will come into force on 1 March 2021.
Notices of Review
- Notice of Review of Polling Districts and Places (PDF, 106kB)
- Notice of Proposed Amendments in the Review of Polling Districts and Places (PDF, 92kB)
- Notice of Change of Polling Place and Polling Districts (PDF, 23kB)
Proposed Amendments to Polling Places and Polling Districts in Moray
This review has now concluded. All recommendations contained in the report (PDF), were approved at a Special meeting of the Council on 16 December. Amendments will come into force on 1 March 2021. For more information please see the Polling District and Polling Place Review information web page.
What are we reviewing?
We’re carrying out a review to decide the polling districts and polling places that will be used in future elections. The council has a duty under the Representation of the People Act 1983 to divide its area into polling districts and to designate polling places for each district.
The review requires the council to:
- Seek to ensure that all the electors in the constituency have such reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances.
- Seek to ensure that, so far as is reasonable and practicable, the polling places we are responsible for are accessible to all electors, and when considering the designation of a polling place, must have regard to the accessibility needs of disabled persons.
Please note this review does not cover the changing of ward or constituency boundaries, these boundaries are determined by the Boundary Commission for Scotland.
Current Polling Places and Polling Districts
- List of the current polling places in use (opens in new web page)
- Downloadable list of current polling places and districts (PDF, 214kB)
- online interactive of polling places and districts
- Please use the search function on this map to locate the town or village you are interested in, the details of the polling place/district will show in a pop up window when you choose an address
If you require the maps or information in another format please contact the Election Office using the details noted below.
- Public Consultation - First stage invites comments on the current Polling Places and Polling Districts in operation
- Commenced 30 September / Ended 11 November 2019
- First Stage - Consultation comments published (PDF, 225kB)
- Proposals for amended Polling Place and Districts drafted
- Public Consultation - 2nd round on amended Polling Places and Districts (PDF, 781kB)
- Publication of Returning Officer comments (PDF, 260kB)
- Amended Polling Places and Districts reported to Council - recommendations contained in the report- approved 16 December 2020
- Amended Polling Places and Districts adopted and changes reflected in electoral register from 1 March 2021
Explanation of terms
- A polling place is the building where people from a polling district go to vote, there may be one or more polling stations (room) within the polling place.
- A polling district is the geographical area (sub-division of a ward) in which a polling place is located.
Polling Place Review
Elections Office, Moray Council, Council Office, High Street, Elgin, IV30 1BX
Elections Helpline: 01343 563334