Inter Library Loans Service
- What is the Inter Library Loans Service?
- Can anyone use this service?
- What material can I borrow?
- How do I apply for one of these loans?
- What does it cost?
- What information do I need to give?
- Am I guaranteed delivery?
- Can I change my mind and cancel the application?
- How long can I have the loan for?
- What if this is not long enough?
- What about photocopies of articles from Journals?
- Do you charge for this service?
- Does Copyright Law have any other rules for Inter Library Loans?
- Would you know if I asked for two articles from the same issue on different occasions?
- Are there any forms to sign for photocopies?
If you want to borrow/consult a book or article which we do not have in stock, do not wish to add to our stock, or which is no longer in print we may be able to use this service to obtain it for you from another Library Authority within the UK.
The service is available to all adults over the age of 16 who are currently members of a public library in Moray.
The service applies to non-fiction books and journals/articles for study purposes.
When you fill in the request card just circle the ‘Y’ in the box ‘ILL Y/N’.
You will be asked to pay the return postage of the item plus the standard administrative request charge. You will be told what this cost is when the item arrives.
To apply for one of these loans we need to quote
- Author name
- Title of each item
- Place of publication
- Publisher and place of publication
If you can supply these the request will be processed faster and may be supplied quickly.
Because we have to rely on the lending authority to supply the item, we cannot guarantee that it will be delivered. If it cannot be supplied we will inform you.
No. Once the application is made it can’t be cancelled. If you no longer require the item you will be asked to pay the return postage.
Normally you can borrow the book for three weeks.
We can ask the lender to agree to an extended loan but there is no guarantee they will agree. If they refuse you will have to return it on the date due.
These can be applied for through this service and we need specific information i.e.
- The name of the Journal the article is held in
- The author(s) names
- The year of publication
- The part or volume AND the page numbers.
Yes. Under Copyright Law we have to charge the standard photocopy charge plus the administrative request charge. Staff will explain these charges.
Yes, you can
- Only obtain one copy of an article from any one issue of a Journal
- Only one copy is allowed per person
- No one else you know (or study with) can get the same item copied
- You cannot make any more copies of the item.
Yes. Copyright Law insists we must keep a record of every article copied, and who for.
Yes, you will have to sign a Copyright Declaration Form which is kept on file.