Housing Service - Estate Management Policy - Section 3
3. Objectives and Principles of the Policy
3.1 The overall aim of the Moray Council’s Estate Management Policy is to provide a service to tenants and owners, which enables them to have quiet enjoyment of their homes in a safe and secure environment that they can take pride in.
3.2 The specific objectives of the Estate Management Policy are:
- To develop a pro-active approach to the management of our properties, estates and neighbourhoods;
- To manage the environment around our properties and common areas effectively;
- To ensure that all residents are aware of their respective responsibilities;
- To set appropriate estate management standards to measure performance delivery and residents' satisfaction.
3.3 The principles underpinning the Estate Management Policy are:
- The Council will ensure that the Estate Management Policy complies with and reflects the legal framework and good practice;
- The Council will work in an inclusive way to enable the implementation of this policy. This will include involving tenants' groups, owner/occupiers, private tenants, commercial owners/tenants, other Council services such as Environmental Health Department, Roads and Education, the police and other statutory and voluntary agencies; and
- The Council will implement detailed procedures and agreed practices uniformly across the service and will ensure staff are given the necessary training to deliver estate management services.